Sunday, January 2, 2011

Background...

We were no-where near being in the market for a new house. In fact, we investigated adding-on to our current (or old) house during the Spring, but we determined that we'd be better off waiting for a year or two. Our ultimate goal was to stay in this area for as long as we're in Greenville.

In early August, Mrs. S sent me a facebook message about an idea she had regarding her neighbor's house. I responded that I'd love to talk with her about whatever it was. We really had no idea what to expect. One afternoon that following week, Mrs. S visited my classroom to share her idea. She told me the story of the Bakers and their home, and how they needed to sell. As Mrs. S was telling me about it, I was thinking..... no way my husband is going to go for this! I told Mrs. S I'd talk to Martin about it and get back with her.

I think I called Martin immediately to tell him the idea, and we decided to at least look at the house. Martin was hesitant, but he agreed to go with me to take a look.

Needless to say, the house was much more than we could have ever imagined (we have looked back on it and refer to it as a 'grown-up' house, whereas our current home is a great starter home.)

Four months later, the house was ours. Here are some pictures of the house before we started working on it.

Master bedroom closets (way more space than we have now)

Shelves in the "study" (We are taking them down because we'll most likely use this as a bedroom)


The Kitchen


The Dining Room (has beautiful pocket doors)



The Sun Room : above and below (My dad's favorite spot in the house - in fact he has told us many times he will enjoy drinking a cup of coffee or a glass of wine in this room)




































































No comments:

Post a Comment